Subtask to Main task and vice-versa

I would LOVE to be able to make EXISTING tasks a SUBtask AFTER it has been created. Often times, we find tasks created after the fact, belonging to a group of tasks or to a ParentTask.

Instead of deleting and starting over (choose the Parent task, then click ADD subtask, re-create subTask), it saves lots of click time to either drag and drop (or have the ability to set the existing task as a SubTask).

Look forward to this being implemented.

It should be possible to move a sub-task to the main tasks list per drag and drop.

I have all my clients as a task, that way I can easily search for a client and write notes of a call on them. If they ask me to do anything I create a subtask so I can see all tasks in that maintask.

If they write a mail, I forward the mail to smarttask but its a main task. I want to be able to move that as a subtask and if possible I want to be able to have 2 maintasks.
Because I automattically create a ddaily task with Pabbly for my daily survey (calls and meeting) Any subtasks relating to that I would like a direct link to the daily task and the client task.

I know I can create projects for clients, but with more then 100 clients it’s not that easy to search for.

+1 for this, it was requested some time ago, any updates or plans to implement this ?

Currently we are undergoing a UI revamp, we would try and accommodate this feature in the revamp.

This is the most significant feature that I miss from Asana. Do you have an ETA on this?

Yes, you are the one app I have faith can beat Asana by implementing what they have plus what the DONT HAVE that made me leave Asana. Please have this basic feature of being able to make a task a subtask and a subtask into a task.

Thank you very much @Dana_Garrison we are considering a new way to order tasks which would potentially solve this issue. However, there is no ETA on when it would available yet.

Planned for release in V2 - Subtasks to task and vice-versa

1 Like

When we need to move a subtask to make it main task or vice a versa, then it should be possible to handle the same using drag and drop method. Also the email are getting placed in the Main task. From here it should be possible to drag and drop and position them in the respective subtask for which they are meant.

Yes, I would also like this - some subtasks might become full tasks